Friday, June 22, 2012

Family Favorite Guacamole

I know what you are thinking..."Guacamole, how hard can that be" and well you are right, but what you don't know is I am what you could call a guacamole connoisseur, should such a thing exist.

If I were only offered one snack for the rest of my life it would be chips and guac, which makes it the perfect first post for me.

This guacamole actually converted my hubby and his best friend who used to hate anything with avocado to avocado lovers.

Okay...okay....I think you get the point....I like the stuff!


My mom used to make this when we were in high school.   Since then it has become a staple at for me and my family and is requested by friends when we get together.

It is simple enough, so give it a try, and make it when you are hungry because you wont want to stop eating this stuff.   Enjoy!

My boys could hardly wait 'til I finished taking the picture

Guacamole
5 ripe avocados
2 roma tomatoes
1/4 of a diced red onion
garlic salt
salt
pepper
cilantro
  • smash avocados and red onions.  When almost smashed add the tomatoes
  • add garlic salt and a little salt and pepper to taste 
  • add in chopped cilantro
tips:
-you will use mostly garlic salt to flavor the guac and go slow "you can
always add salt in but you can't take it out" -many famous cooks
-taste the guac with the chips you will be serving the guac with.  Some 
chips are more or less salty which will effect how much garlic salt and salt you need to use.
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Katie and the Fam said...

Yum! I agree - this really is the best guac out there. Thanks for the recipe!!

Tiffany ~ One Bite of Anything said...

We always love enjoying this with you and your fam!

Carrie Troyer said...

I think you taught me to make this quac back in college and we love it too! So excited to see what you're cooking these days :)

Tiffany ~ One Bite of Anything said...

Thanks Carrie! Oh the fun dinners we would throw back in college :)