Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Easiest "Muffins" Ever


So one day when I was meandering on pinterest (far longer than I had intended to, which I am not sure about you, but it is a common occurrence for me).  I stumbled upon these "muffins" on Butter Yum and wanted to try them ASAP!


I picked up ALL 2 ingredients at the store the next day, made them in about 5 minutes (plus cooking time), and it is official...I AM HOOKED!  I was first concerned that they would have a pumpkiny taste, not that would mind I love pumpkin, but not sure I would mixed with chocolate.  But they don't at all.  The pumpkin gives them a really moist and dense texture (almost like a molten cake when eaten right out of the oven, yum!).  


I loved them so much I also tried them with spice cake.  These were even more delicious.  You could taste the pumpkin a bit more with this cake, but pumpkin spice "muffins" yum....FALL HERE WE COME!


Give them a try and get creative with what cake you use and what you add to them (I added chocolate chips to the pumpkin spice muffins) and please let me know if you discover a must try!

Ingredients:
1 box of Devil's Food Cake Mix or whatever cake mix you desire
1 15oz can of 100% pumpkin

Method:

  •  Mix these 2 ingredients together (no oil, egg, or anything else).  You can mix by hand, but it is a thick batter so get your muscles ready.
  • Divide the batter into 12 muffin tins (they don't rise much so don't hesitate to fill them up).
  • Bake them at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.  Like I said I liked mine more like lava cake and super moist, so I took mine out at about 12-15 minutes (or until toothpick entered in comes out clean).
Pin It Now!

No comments: