Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Fish Tacos

I love when grocery stores give samples.  It is such a genius and simple idea!   As I have mentioned before I love to eat, but I am not a very adventurous eater.  Thus making me not a very adventurous shopper.  I buy the staples and every once in a while I will go crazy and buy something unfamiliar, but that is not often.   Enter samples...it gives me the opportunity to be adventurous with out the "risk" of buying it and not liking it (you can probably guess I have never gone sky diving).  

I have end up falling in love with so many different foods all because I got to try them at the store!  I guess it is a trait that now runs in my family because both of my boys get SO excited when we go to a store they know has samples and want to go straight to there.  They point out the samples as if I haven't already seen them, like I am not just as excited as they are, lol!


Well this is a recipe that was inspired by one of our favorite stores that gives samples, Trader Joe's.  If you live by one you know how awesome that store is, and if you don't live by one....come visit, you won't be disappointed!


This recipe is a super easy throw together meal that I like to keep on hand.  If you are "good" at fish you can batter your own, but being new to fish (meaning I just started eating it a couple years ago and stick to the basic halibut, mahi mahi, and talapia) I go ahead and get the no prep fish from the freezer section.   I especially love this recipe because my boys eat it and don't even protest know they are eating broccoli...SCORE!


Ingredients:
Your choice of frozen battered fish (I prefer halibut)
Broccoli slaw (if your store doesn't carry then julienne cut broccoli stems and carrots)
Cilantro Salad Dressing or Chipotle Ranch Dressing
Tomatos
Avocados
Corn & Wheat Tortillas (my new favorite tortillas)



  • Bake fish as package directs.
  • While fish is cooking julienne cut* the broccoli stems and carrots and mix them to taste with the dressing of your choice.  Also prepare the tomatos and avocado.
  • When the fish comes out assemble the taco and there you go....dinner done!
Pin It Now!

No comments: